image1 image2 image3

We Chose Grace

Four Gifts of Grace

Today my Amelia turns 4. I should choose to stay quiet. Let the day and it's heavy heart pass without undue attention. I should cry alone over her grave but dry my tears and smile to the world. You know what? I'm not doing that. 

If I've learned anything in 4 years it's that I need GRACE. There are so many things I can't control - my feelings, my memories, my grief. For those things I need GRACE. But there are so many things I can control - my actions, my words, the way I spend my time and my money. And I choose GRACE. 

Today, in honor of Amelia Grace's 4th birthday I'm going to give gifts.  Gifts that I can afford.  Gifts that I can choose.  Gifts of kindness and blessing and joy and grace.  Today I've prayed for 4 specific moments where I can choose to be kind, to give abundantly.  


I hadn't left the hospital 4 years ago before it dawned on me that I'll never have new photos of my girl.  She will not age before my lens.  However, I've come to realize that I can have glimpses of her...the joy she brought me and a wealth of kindness.  She taught me and changed me more than anyone I've ever met shy of Jesus.  I will capture those moments where I choose to be different, kinder, humble, encouraging and I will cling to those as her legacy.  

Today, in honor of Amelia, will you give a gift of grace?  Each time I speak of her, my amazing friends and family support and encourage me in such beautiful ways.  But today... today will you give a gift to someone else, speak Amelia's name and then share THAT with me?  How can you choose Grace today?

Share this:

CONVERSATION

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing.
    Today I will give gifts of Grace. For sweet little Amelia, you, Jesus, & myself.
    Love you so much my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it!! Give extra kisses to those boys and precious Marky from me.

      Delete
  2. Grace is my theme word this year! I'm actively trying to think about it and live it out daily. Today I will add Amelia's sweet little face to my mind and see what grace I can give away. I love your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious Little Amelia, I feel as though I know her through her mother's love. In memory of Amelia let us all remember, our arms are the only ones Jesus has to hug with. Let us feel His love when we all give a hug to someone who needs it, for Jesus, for Susan, and for Precious Little Amelia.

    ReplyDelete